Who doesn’t love pumpkin?! It is a versatile vegetable and a ‘Halloween Mascot’. Whether you use it to make a pumpkin pie, ravioli, bread or even beer, you are surely going to make your taste buds happy. Apart from being versatile, it is packed with powerful health elements. Pumpkin aids in maintaining the health of our vision, heart and even those waistlines!
- Pumpkin is enriched in carotenoids. Carotenoids are effective compounds that not only give this vegetable its bright orange color but also aids in the conversion of beta-carotene into vitamin A.
- Pumpkin is a rich source of fiber, which we more than often overlook. Per serving offers 3 grams of fiber and less than 49 calories. Thus, having a serving of pumpkin will make you feel fuller and prevent from consuming more calories. In fact, a diet that is enriched in fiber, aid individuals to eat less, especially those who are in the process of losing weight.
- Pumpkins are loaded with antioxidants – beta carotene. This component aid in the prevention of cancer. Foods providing a good source of beta-carotene are better than supplements that offer the same.
- Pumpkin seeds are enriched in amino acid tryptophan, which is vital for the production of serotonin and this works up our mood. If you want to stay positive, have a handful of pumpkin seeds that are roasted.
- Pumpkins contain carotenoids, which help in preventing the development of cancer cells. They also help in keeping skin free from wrinkles too.
- Pumpkin also contains refueling nutrients like potassium. And potassium aids in the restoration of electrolyte balance in our body, especially after a good hour of workout.
These are some of the few health elements that pumpkin contains. But this vegetable is loaded with other healthy minerals and nutrients, which can help your overall health. Thus, add pumpkin in your daily meals and enjoy the benefits!